We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
250 Indian Brook Drive
Somersworth (Dover), NH 03878
Phone: (603) 743-4928
Fax: (603) 743-5122
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Witch Hazel and bush clover blooms.
• Wood Thrush, Hooded Mergansers, Gray Catbird, swallows and Chipping Sparrows depart.
• Watch for migrating hawks and Turkey Vultures.
• Juncos and White-throated Sparrows become common at feeders.
• Blackbird flocks number in the thousands as grackles, cowbirds and redwings migrate.
• Milkweed pods burst open, spreading their fluffy seeded parachutes.
• Autumn colors peak mid-month.
• Chipmunks start hibernating in underground burrows.
• American Tree Sparrows return to feeders late this month.
• Most Wood Ducks migrate south this month. A few stay to over winter.
• Waterfowl migration peaks during October.
• Beavers are very active in the evenings while caching a winter supply of food.
• American Goldfinches can be seen feeding on catkins of birch trees.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.